2015-08-10 – EPA – USACE – West Lake Landfill – Radon Flux – Emanation measurements related to EPA Pyrolysis study of RIM

2015-08-10-epa-usace-west-lake-landfill-radon-flux-emanation-measurements-related-to-epa-pyrolysis-study-of-rim

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To: Donakowski, Joseph NWK[[email protected]]
From: Mahler, Tom
Sent: Mon 8/10/2015 9:34:18 PM
Subject: Re: Radon flux/emanation measurements related to potential EPA Pyrolysis study of
RIM from the West Lake Landfill (UNCLASSIFIED)
I’ll set up a conference line tomorrow morning and send you the information. I had to leave the office a
little earlier than I expected today.
Tom
Sent from my iPhone
>On Aug 10,2015, at 4:14PM, Donakowski, Joseph NWK
wrote:
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
> 10 sounds good to me. Would you like me to call you, or you I, or is there a conference number we can
call in if anyone else wants/needs to participate?
> Jough Donakowski
>Health Physicist- USACE Kansas City
> (816) 389-3993
> —–Original Message—–
> From: Mahler, Tom [mailto:[email protected]]
>Sent: Monday, August 10,2015 3:00PM
>To: Donakowski, Joseph NWK
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: Radon flux/emanation measurements related to potential EPA Pyrolysis
study of RIM from the West Lake Landfill (UNCLASSIFIED)
> 10:00am tomorrow work?
> —–Original Message—–
> From: Donakowski, Joseph NWK [mailto:[email protected]]
>Sent: Monday, August 10,2015 12:16 PM
>To: Mahler, Tom
> Subject: RE: Radon flux/emanation measurements related to potential EPA Pyrolysis study of RIM from
the West Lake Landfill (UNCLASSIFIED)
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>Yes, I’ll be free tomorrow, I get in around 7:45 so anytime between 8:00 and 4:00 would work for me.
> Jough Donakowski
> Health Physicist- USACE Kansas City
> (816) 389-3993
WLLFOIA4312- 001 – 0058859
> —–Original Message—–
> From: Mahler, Tom [mailto:[email protected]]
>Sent: Monday, August 10,2015 10:43 AM
>To: Donakowski, Joseph NWK
study of RIM from the West Lake Landfill (UNCLASSIFIED)
>Hey Jough,
> Just thought I would check in with you now that you are back in the office. I am free all day tomorrow
and plan to be in the office from about 7:30am central time to about 4:00pm. Any chance you would be
available for a short chat about Radon? I don’t think this would take longer than about 30 minutes.
>Let me know if you are available.
>Tom Mahler
> On-Scene Coordinator
> EPA Region 7
> 816-604-0546
> —–Original Message—–
> From: Donakowski, Joseph NWK [mailto:[email protected]]
>Sent: Tuesday, August 04,2015 4:01PM
>To: Mahler, Tom
> Cc: Vann, Bradley
the West Lake Landfill (UNCLASSIFIED)
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>Hi Tom,
>I’m currently TDY at our Maywood site in New Jersey doing field work and won’t be available until next
week, but I’d be available just about any time that week, so if there’s any time that works good for you I can
be available, just let me know. Thanks!
> Jough Donakowski
>Health Physicist- USACE Kansas City
> (816) 389-3993
> —–Original Message—–
> From: Mahler, Tom [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 1 :54 PM
>To: Donakowski, Joseph NWK
> Cc: Vann, Bradley
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Radon flux/emanation measurements related to potential EPA Pyrolysis study of
RIM from the West Lake Landfill
> Sorry about the very long subject of this email…
>I was given your email address from Brad Vann, Remedial Project Manager for West Lake Landfill Site,
WLLFOIA4312- 001 – 0058860
because I was hoping to talk to you more about the Radon flux/emanation measurements related to a
pyrolysis study. I was given the impression that you at least initially suggested that the study include radon
and that the result might help improve the associated radon modeling of the site.
> My main goal is to make sure I understand as best as I can the intent or potential intent of such
measurements to help me evaluate whether the proposed sampling and measurement techniques are capable
of providing this information.
> I am an On-Scene Coordinator here at EPA Region 7 with a degree in Nuclear Engineering and aspiring
to become a certified health physicist (I took the first exam last month and still have a ways to go … ). I have
been asked me to help out with the pyrolysis study.
> Are you available to talk about radon flux/emanation at some point this week?
> I am available pretty much any time. Let me know what is convenient for you and thanks in advance.
>Tom Mahler